SKILLS/ ABILITES/ STRENGTHS
SEO Content Writing, Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel,), Qualified Professional (10 years working in mental health field), Social Media, WordPress, Wikidot, Joomla, Office System Troubleshooting, Planning, Training, and Execution.
Freelance SEO Writer (Apr. 2010-present)
- Conducting on-line research for informative, fact-based articles
- Writing informative, fact-based articles on various topics
- Posting articles to various electronic publications/article distribution sites
- Utilizing WordPress, Joomla, and Wikidot
Title I Tutor (Jul. 2003-Feb. 2010) Three Springs of North Carolina
- Implemented reading and writing skill improvement activities.
- Assessed skill development. Collected and interpreted data.
- Utilized PC & Macintosh computers for student skill development & improvement.
- Coordinated with teachers & tutors for student centered curriculum that meets state guidelines.
- Conducted weekly writing workshop focused on skills improvement and developing creative writing skills.
English Teacher (Apr. 2001- Jun. 2003) Three Springs of North Carolina
- Taught grammar, language arts & literature to adolescent boys in grades 6-12.
- Modified curriculums to target specific & general learning disabilities.
- Utilized various teaching tools including books, games, videos, computers & discussions.
- Administered placement & state tests.
- Earned Teacher of the Year award.
- See Writing Portfolio
- “Broken Hero” published 2002 in Gifts From The Heartland
- An untitled short story published in the Cardinal Creations 1993: Images of the Future student literary magazine
- Journalism Team, Jacksonville Senior High School 1993-1995 with article publications in both the student newspaper and annual
- BA in Psychology and minor in English, May 1999, Peace College, Raleigh, NC
Counseling Supervisor (Jul. 2000- Apr. 2001) Three Springs of North Carolina
Residential Counselor (May 1999- Jul. 2000) Three Springs of North Carolina